Spending time with your family in God’s Word is so important. Here are some fun ways to make it interactive and to keep their attention.
- As a family, decide what you want to read about together that the Bible addresses (a specific issue you are facing, something your child is going through at school, etc.)
- Once you decide, have them (with your help) pick out a verse to memorize together or a passage to read and study.
- Set a day a week and a deadline (one month, two months, or six months depending on what you choose) to complete it together.
- Allow your child to read the verse(s) to you as often as they can (daily, weekly) depending on his or her age level.
- At the end of the deadline, award them with something they like (favorite ice cream, candy, pick a chore), and then spend time in a prayer thanking God for all the things He taught you all during this time.
— Adrianna Anderson