Fitness is so important to your overall mental and physical health! God’s Word reminds us of the importance of honoring our temples (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). As moms, we tend to put ourselves last. My challenge to you is to make time to take care of you and involve your kids. There are so many fun ways to make fitness a family focus.
- Pick one day a week to have family fitness time.
- Decide what you will do together (walk, run, bike ride, swim).
- Set a realistic target, especially if you are just beginning (30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour).
- While you are doing your family fitness time, invite God into your time and then have your kids pick a topic they want to discuss together.
- Have your kids keep a journal of their fitness accomplishments and celebrate their achievements and yours together (smiles and high-fives are free of charge).
— Adrianna Anderson